While WordPress is easy to use and manage in general, a WordPress website needs a lot care to thrive. While you can set a schedule to update your installation and handle basic errors, a WordPress maintenance service can help you with many.uses other tasks.
For example, a good provider can jump on any errors you might encounter. receive and resolve them on your behalf. In fact, a maintenance department can prevent and mitigate them in the first place. The scope of this type of business is wide, but aimed at helping your site stay online and flawless.
Au During this article, we'll see why you might need a WordPress maintenance service. In the second half of the article, we'll show you some of the top services and discuss what makes them worth your time.
What is WordPress maintenance ( and why you would want to use a dedicated service)
In a general sense, maintenance covers all the areas that you will do to make sure your site is running in peak condition. In fact, you can already do some of these facets on a daily basis.dien:
However, this is is where a WordPress maintenance service begins its support. This type of business can do a lot more to further optimize your site. For example:
- It can work on your database, to make sure it doesn't slow down your performance.
- Speaking of which, good service will know how to give your site another performance improvements and make it as fast as possible.
- It can intervene when you get a error on your site , and get everything back online in the blink of an eye, all without your intervention.
In fact, a WordPress maintenance service can do a lot more for you, depending on the business and its purpose. As for why you would want to use one, some of the reasons are obvious while others offer additional value:
- You can enjoy all the benefits of one regular maintenance without lifting a finger.
- There's an element of saving time too, and you can work on growing while the service focuses on maintenance.
- A quality service will be an expert in the field. This means you can count on him to answer questions.tions that you are not aware of.
However, even though ugh you may understand the benefits of using a WordPress maintenance service, you might not be sure if your site needs it. In the next section, we'll look at this in more detail. Do you want #WordPress #maintenance service? Read this post 🔐 🤔 Click to tweet
How to know if you need 'a WordPress maintenance service
Spoiler alert: No full WordPress maintenance service will be free. As such, you should always consider whether you should spend the money.
In our opinion, there are a few questions you should ask yourself when deciding to go for a WordPress maintenance service:
- Are you spending more time than you would like on basic tasks such as updates?
- Are you a non-technical site owner , but do you want the benefits of an optimized WordPress site?
- Can site errors give you sleepless nights, can they take too long to correct, or the consequences are causing- do they negatively impact your income?
- Are you relying on income from your site? Maybe it's a lucrative side business or a primary business venture?
If you answer "Yes" to many of these questions, you may want to consider a maintenance service WordPress. For the rest of this article, we'll show you some of the top companies in the industry.
The main WordPress maintenance companies
Let's take a lookp take a look at some of the most popular WordPress maintenance companies and services. The list is out of order, so feel free to browse the article.
However, we recommend that you read all of the services on this list. The one you haven't considered may suit you better than the others.
1. WP Buffs
WP Buffs will be a household name if you do even a cursory WordPress maintenance research. It's a top-notch solution and is a regular at WordPress in-person events.
Because it's a big part of the WordPress community, WP Buffs has immense knowledge of what makes WordPress work and provides a bunch of key services to its clients.
The exact services depend on the plan you choose, but here are some examples of what you'll get with WP Buffs:
- Daily cloud backups.
- Regular updates of your themes, plugins and core files.
- 24 hour uptime monitoring.
- Support for emergencies, such as critical site errors.
- Optimization for themedia and small screen devices.
You will also have access to the iThemes Security Pro plug-in, to help you lock down your site and keep its users safe.
The price starts at $ 79 per month for the lowest plan and goes up to almost $ 500 per month for the highest service. This can impact your budget though, in which case you might want to check out one of the other solutions on this list.
2. WP Technical Support
Users outside of the United States may recognize WP Tech Support , although the company is making inroads into the North American market. This is good news in the US because this WordPress maintenance service is excellent and extremely reliable.
We love how the website gives you a set of use cases, which leads you to pick one of the targeted offerings. For example, WP Tech Support covers a few core areas:
- Maintenance tasks in progress.
- Custom development and server side updates.
- Performance and speed optimization.
- '' One-off solutions for professionalsCritical issues for the business.
Since there are many areas where WP Tech Support is an expert, the prices are varied and arguably more confusing than other companies .
There is ns monthly maintenance plan starting at around $ 55 and up to around $ 175 - 180 per month, which expands the scope of the service accordingly. However, there are also one-time costs for one-time fixes, malware and PHP server updates . Additionally, you can also pay a one-time fee for speed and database optimization.
There are a lot of branches to this tree, and the suppWP technical ort is only flexible and ready to help if you need any maintenance.
SiteCare is a popular WordPress maintenance provider, but it also offers other services that go beyond some other WordPress maintenance services. For example, the company also offers lead generation services that help your search engine optimization (SEO) , pay per click (PPC) management, and more.
Sticking to SiteCare 's maintenance offering, they provide many standard services:
- Updates to all major WordPress elements.
- Cloud backups, at regular intervals depending on your plan.
- Security protection, encompassing brute force attacks, 24 hour surveillance, anti-spam software and a dedicated firewall.
- Support for critical errors, this complies with a number of other solutions in the field.
However, SiteCare also provides aadditional assistance with site development and includes features that developers and website owners will benefit from. For example, SiteCare implements version control and forwarding for each customer. Additionally, it also provides managed hosting powered by Amazon Web Services .
In terms of price, SiteCare is expensive . The lowest level is $ 299 per month, and those prices quickly hit four digits. As such, SiteCare is rock solid, but only within the reach of large corporations, or wealthy site owners.
The serviceMaintained from WebDevStudios has a quality similar to that of SiteCare. In fact, the company offers a similar range of services, such as maintenance, design, development, and hosting.
Of course, this WordPress maintenance service wouldn't be on the list without one ofFre basic of typical areas of expertise:
- Regular backups and updates.
- Security watch that never sleeps.
- Repairing hacked and damaged websites.
- Reporting and performance checks.
However, Maintainn's parent company is a top notch WordPress development agency . As such, Maintainn takes a customer-centric approach that many businesses will love. For example, every client has a project manager as their primary contact and there's also a dedicated collaborative workspace to help everyone stay on the same page.
The plan le lowest on Maintainn is $ 54 per month, but that doesn't get you anywhere nears of the full experience. The only tier to do this is the Enterprise plan, at $ 274 per month. It might sound expensive, but it's pretty competitive when you compare it to the competition and gives you peace of mind when it comes to maintaining your site.
Choosing the best WordPress maintenance service for you in 2021
You will probably have two questions regarding WordPress maintenance services. First, how can they help me? and second, which one should I choose? The answer to the first will dictate the second. You need a #maintenance #WordPress service? Read this post 🔐 🤔 Click to tweet
General, a WordPress maintenance department will allow you to sit down for a bit while they perform updates and backups on your behalf. However, that 's not all. Some services provide security and emergency support. There are many choices available , such as WP Buffs and WP Technical Support . Our advice is to check the features and contact each team to see if they are right for your needs.
Or, if you're a little wary of the price of a quality WordPress maintenance service, you can also consult our guide on how to handle WordPress maintenance yourself with as little effort as possible.
Still have questions about whether your site needs maintenance or which service is best suited to your needs? Let us know in the comments!